View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 17th, 2021, 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Lou's 1990 XJ Build 
Friend of UC4x4

Post Re: Lou's 1990 XJ Build
Video of the Reno run, put together by my friend Eric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHxj-sN4tS0

June 5th, 2015, 9:06 pm
UC4x4 Member

Cool video, some good bits of you in there. Any good carnage? Looks like there may have been some Dana 30too small axles out there.

- Confucius

June 6th, 2015, 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Dan90FSB wrote:
Cool video, some good bits of you in there. Any good carnage? Looks like there may have been some Dana 30too small axles out there.

Most of the rigs are running the Dana 30. A couple guys on stock shafts, everyone else running chromos. No carnage his time, just a popped bead. The Dana 30 holds together pretty well on 33s. The white XJ with the cage is running 35s and he chipped a ring gear on the Con a month ago.

June 6th, 2015, 8:45 am
Friend of UC4x4

Did some camping this last weekend with some NAXJA folks, and did a couple day trips into the Con. Had a blast, no issues and everyone did great.

Trail was packed on Saturday but it was a blast. Can't wait to hit the trail again.

June 29th, 2015, 3:03 pm
UC4x4 Member

How do you know it was a Jeep trip?

#S194 wrote:
Had a blast, no issues and everyone did great.

:mrgreen:

- Confucius

June 30th, 2015, 7:23 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Lmao! It's funny because it's true

June 30th, 2015, 8:24 am
Profile WWW

When NAXJA does Swamp Lake Trail, they have multiple major carnage. They like to camp at Grouse Lake every year.

June 30th, 2015, 9:27 am
Friend of UC4x4

Big Ed wrote:
When NAXJA does Swamp Lake Trail, they have multiple major carnage. They like to camp at Grouse Lake every year.

The SoCal chapter does a run every year, maybe they do. The Sierra Chapter is doing the annual SierraFest run at Swap this year, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. We're all pretty good about taking care of our rigs before the trip so if something happens its not like we brought junk to the trail. But sometimes stuff just breaks.

June 30th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Yeah, I'm aware of Sierra Fest. I've been watching the thread on it. One of my good friends in the club would tell a story from several years ago about all the Cherokee people hunched in a smokey leaking tent in the rain, at Grouse. They were telling stories of broken driveshafts, and other stuff.

Last edited by Big Ed on June 30th, 2015, 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

June 30th, 2015, 12:20 pm
UC4x4 Member

Big Ed wrote:
They were telling stories of broken driveshafts, and other stuff.

spooky! :shock:

June 30th, 2015, 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Big Ed wrote:
Yeah, I'm aware of Sierra Fest. I've been watching the thread on it. One of my good friends in the club would tell a story from several years ago about all the Cherokee people hunched in a smokey leaking tent in the rain, at Grouse. They were telling stories of broken driveshafts, and other stuff.

Yeah, I've heard that story. My buddy Jes was there. That was back in the day.

June 30th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Friend of UC4x4

Wow. It's been a while since I've updated this thread, so time for an update. I added some goodies to my junk before Sierra Fest, new steering box and hydro assist.

Also picked up new tires, Goodyear MTRs. Went and did a shakedown run on the Rubicon, went in Loon to Ellis Creek and out Wentworth.

Limit straps FTW!

Did Sierra Fest with the NAXJA crew, had a great time running Swamp Lake, Red Lake/Coyote Lake, and Bald Mountain.

Beautiful area, hadn't wheeled there before. Ed, thanks to you and the Fresno 4WD Club for all the work you do to maintain the trails!

Added some bling to my ride:

The rear Detroit unloading and pushing in turns was getting old. So I splurged on an ARB for the 9inch.

Went to the Rubicon last weekend with some NAXJA guys.

It's been a good summer of wheeling. I'd like to get one more trip in before tearing into the rig this winter. I've got some good upgrades planned, starting with a new tool I just bought.

I've got a couple other things planned for this thing, so stay tuned for more updates...

October 9th, 2015, 6:35 am
Friend of UC4x4

those are good tubing benders, and they are easy to apply rams to so you dont have to do everything by hand

my buddy nick has built probably 2000+ bumpers on his and it shows no signs of slowing down

Wolfpack member #1

October 9th, 2015, 7:21 am
UC4x4 Member

Nice update Lou!

Is that an 8" hydro ram? Did you do anything limit its travel so its not smashing against the stops on the knuckles? I love those tie rod clamps, makes adjustments super easy. I was skeptical of the strength but mine has worked great.

Stock 9" housing or you get some bling on the housing too?

Does tube bender mean rollcage!?

- Confucius

October 9th, 2015, 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Garlic Bronco wrote:
those are good tubing benders, and they are easy to apply rams to so you dont have to do everything by hand

my buddy nick has built probably 2000+ bumpers on his and it shows no signs of slowing down

That's to to hear. A buddy of mine has one, built his cage with one. He added the ram as well, got tired of having to muscle the tubing bender around.
Dan90FSB wrote:
Nice update Lou!

Is that an 8" hydro ram? Did you do anything limit its travel so its not smashing against the stops on the knuckles? I love those tie rod clamps, makes adjustments super easy. I was skeptical of the strength but mine has worked great.

Stock 9" housing or you get some bling on the housing too?

Does tube bender mean rollcage!?
[quote="Dan90FSB"]Nice update Lou!

It's an 8" ram but the guys at PSC customized it for 6.5" of throw since that all the steering I have with my current setup. I left the housing alone, everything has been working fine since I built it. And yes, a roll cage is in the works. I bought some DOM tubing a while back and now it's time to design and build!

October 10th, 2015, 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next