View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 project batty 
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: project batty
California Monkey wrote:
I love that you are so quick to offer the advice of just go wheel it but you redue your truck bi-annually

Do as I say not as I do! :goodfinger:

- Confucius

February 28th, 2014, 8:49 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

jasonhughes2009 wrote:
Gotta get it running this weekend. The rain is a serious de motivator.

Yeah you're telling me!

February 28th, 2014, 6:03 pm

ran the tfi part number. got it for a manual not automatic apparently. need to fix that

been busy with an in frame lately. drained 35 gallons of "oil" out an ISX. so been doing an inframe on it. also got an offer from ford this week. pays 3 bucks more an hour, still diesel tech, and full benefits... looks like better benefits actually than where im at now. highly considering going into the little diesel world.

March 5th, 2014, 8:26 pm
UC4x4 Member

An extra roughly $6k a year sounds like a no brainer to me.

Are you sure there is a difference in the modules? Totally possible that you got a bad module (I mean I've replaced mine like three times), but as far as I know there are only two, black and grey.

March 5th, 2014, 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

well I got an ACCEL one. and they do have two different part numbers. I can upload them tomorrow when I take a look again. ill just go to autozone and get theirs then. lifetime warranty baby!

its a potential for 6k more. its flat rate not hourly. so while theres always a demand for diesel work, theres no guarantee of work and hence no hours to flag. in the truck world theres always something out there and your paid hourly anyways because thats work you really can't rush. in this light duty stuff its another story. another plus is cheaper ford parts!

the look on the managers face when he asked what i meant when i said i work for volvo so everything here is going to be way smaller. and i gave him the response of ive never touched anything under 11 liters and 20 thousand pounds. oh that was a priceless look of confusion.

March 5th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Moving to walnut creek ford on the 24th. Nervous but excited. Hope only a couple of my tools will become useless and not more. Like my large bore engine turning tool and my service air adapter to hook up shop air directly to the truck. Things like that

March 8th, 2014, 7:34 am
UC4x4 Member

Kind of ironic that a tech at a ford dealership has trouble figuring out the issues on a 91 bronco.

I know your training is on diesel engines and that you probably havnt had decent time to do troubleshooting...

But still kinda funny

March 8th, 2014, 8:34 am
Profile WWW

That is funny. I actually haven't even looked at the bronco in probably 2 weeks. I've been neglecting... not gonna lie. Keep telling myself I'll do it tomorrow. But It's been 12 hour days non stop

March 8th, 2014, 10:37 am

So it's been awhile. Mainly my daughter happened and moved to Reno. Either way. Got s 351 to stroke out for the bronco. Front axle has to come out and got to replace the arms. Camber locks on both sides have eating through the lock on the arm so I've got a bitchin camber issue now. Looks like the bronco has to pee all the time.

Was tired of the lack of power with the pitbulls on the truck so figured since I'm finally in a good spot I can build up a nice engine. Everything going well so gar. Block is getting dunked and bored and maybe a small sleeve next week. Think might bore it 20 or 30 over and put a 10 sleeve in it. The machining will probably come next month for it. Just want it dunked and clean next week.

Need to get the stuff for the MAF conversion and find a tuner up here or in Carson City for it as well. Think that's going to be my biggest issue.

June 3rd, 2015, 10:53 pm
UC4x4 Member

Congrats on the expanding family.

Start hunting for a computer. The MAF / E4OD computers are not easy to come by since there were so few of them. Unless you're planning to ditch the trans too?

How big you going with the stroker kit? 383, 408, other? Should be fun until you start blowing up other drivetrain components :mrgreen:

- Confucius

June 4th, 2015, 6:50 am
Profile WWW

Thinking just a 383. Nothing too crazy. I'd like to go manual. Probably just the m5 and see if I can find a twin disc clutch.

June 4th, 2015, 10:31 am

Oh and I gotta fix the bent frame.

June 4th, 2015, 11:01 am
UC4x4 Member

Lol how did bend the frame?

June 4th, 2015, 11:03 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

jasonhughes2009 wrote:
Thinking just a 383. Nothing too crazy. I'd like to go manual. Probably just the m5 and see if I can find a twin disc clutch.

M5OD? I have one in my truck I'll pull out if you want to buy it.

June 4th, 2015, 2:07 pm
Profile WWW

California Monkey wrote:
Lol how did bend the frame?

They all bend eventually just from engine torque. Only bent in the front. It was on my old one too and on my coworkers 250 and 350 one a 7.3l one a 460

June 4th, 2015, 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next