View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2021, 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Fabrication and Specialty Part Companies 
UC4x4 Member

Post Fabrication and Specialty Part Companies
Most of these came from our old site and is an awesome list of small fab and specialty shops specializing on 4x4. Post up if you have more to add!

PartsMike Online - Mike's parts are targeted towards jeeps but he also stock allot of universal and hard to find parts like small D44 spindle nuts, etc...

WFO Concepts - Trevoer's shop is a complete build shop and he sources alot of parts from all over, stocking most of them in house. Shipping in california is usally next day with ground and you can place order to ship same day overten after 5pm!

Ruff Stuff Specialties Dan's shop builds custom heavy raw steele components targeted at 4x4. This includes heavy diff covers, shackle flips, brackets and even complete axles. The best part is the price and he uses USPS flat rate boxes so shipping is always cheap on smaller stuff.

Ballistic Fabrication Ballistic Fabrication in houses most of there metal fabricated parts feature a complete CNC shop. Discount code: pirate

DIY4X If you own a Chevy or use Chevy parts on your rig, anything from suspension parts to diff armor or axel trusts, these guys have a huge selection of products to help you beef up your truck for a fraction of the typical price.

Great Lake Offroad - Can anyone say 1/2" diff covers for under $120.00? These guys can, and much more from this company. Shawn does a great job designing and fabricating his parts, and would love to have you try some of his parts. Definetly a top notch fab shop!

Trail Gear Inc - Trail Gear makes some top notch Toyota truck and 4Runner parts and has recently expanded into Jeep and Suzuki product line also. Whether you need a basic lift kit or a custom cross over steering system they can help.

Marlin Crawler - Marlin has established his company as one of the top notch aftermarket companies for Toyota parts. These guys are one of the best known companies for building doubler transfer case set-ups for Toyota applications.

FC Fabrication is a relatively new company that shows great promise in tubular steel products. They have lines of roll cages, bumpers and sliders for a wide array of applications.

Yota Masters If the name didnt give it away, these guys specialize in aftermarket Toyota 4x4 parts. They are a rapidly growing speciality shop that you have got to check out if you own a Toyota 4x4.

DOA Racing Engines DOA Racing is a one stop shop for all your performance Toyota engine needs. They offer everything from internal parts to complete turn key engines.

Sky Manufacturing Sky Manufacturing makes a wide array of custom 4x4 components for all makes and models of vehicles.

TSM MFG - The Street Rod Manufacturing company specializes in performance disk brake conversion kits for virtually every axle and application imaginable. They also have drive shaft parking brake systems and a very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Bloody Knuckle Garage When Cage Off-Road shut it's doors, Jim started Bloody Knuckles Garage. He provides many unique custom components for doing Solid Axle Conversions on late model trucks as well as a broad line of general 4x4 components and acessories.

Poly Performance carries a wide range of 4x4 components from one of a kind custom parts to every day pieces like tow straps and lights.

James Duff Has purchased Stone Crusher who got their start making heavy duty steering systems for Broncos and other Ford applications. They have since expanded into custom Trac Bars and Radius Arm extensions. There products are built by off-roaders with heavy use in mind.

Bronco Graveyard As the name implies, the Bronco Graveyard is a one stop shopping place for all things Bronco. They carry everything from stock replacement parts to custom suspension components for 66-96 Broncos as well as numerous components for F-series trucks.

Any7Offroad is a local shop that affer custom fab work.

jedsmachining.com - Makes a heavy duty NP203/205 kit.

Betts Truck Parts specializes in heavy trucks but is also capable of making any size ubolts on demand and while you wait! (bring your old set as a template)

http://walcks4wd.com Offers original and reproduction parts for early Willy's jeeps.

Other speed shops / larger companies: speedwaymotors.com lmctruck.com 4wheelparts.com summitracing.com jegs.com

July 18th, 2014, 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: Fabrication and Specialty Part Companies
bcbroncos.com is another good source for bronco stuff, especially for EB's.

- Confucius

July 21st, 2014, 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Nice list. I was just looking at ordering the Ballistic 14bolt shave kit. And they got coupon code. I've did some research and people on Pirate were skeptical on pitching from them. I guess delayed shipments and lack of communication/service. So I've been trying to see what else is out there. Or just order it through a 3rd party distributor so I know I will have no issue receiving my item.

87 4Runner on WON TONS, 38.5" tires, 5.38 gears, Exo, 22re with dual cases

July 21st, 2014, 11:49 am
Profile YIM
UC4x4 Member

wild horses.....

July 21st, 2014, 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

NCAS wrote:
Nice list. I was just looking at ordering the Ballistic 14bolt shave kit. And they got coupon code. I've did some research and people on Pirate were skeptical on pitching from them. I guess delayed shipments and lack of communication/service. So I've been trying to see what else is out there. Or just order it through a 3rd party distributor so I know I will have no issue receiving my item.

Of note, they used to advertise on Pirate before they got kicked off... ;)

July 21st, 2014, 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Ballistic gets a bad wrap because (as I remember the story) several years go they filed for bankruptcy and screwed a lot of suppliers and some customers that had paid for undelivered products. I don't know the details or who got screwed or how bad. I just try to take it all with a grain of salt because the internet has a funny way of blowing things out of proportion. One guy gets screwed, posts on Pirate and suddenly 50 people hate Ballistic. I'm not saying it wasn't a big deal, just that I don't know the whole story.

As for my ACTUAL experience... I ordered a bunch of parts from them last spring for my 60 SAS. Everyone I talked to there was super helpful and nice and all my parts shipped fast, as described and the quality was great. They have a lot of cool custom parts and reasonable prices. I'd order from them again with no hesitation if they had a part I needed.

I also thought about the shave kit but didn't do it for several reasons. First it requires custom gears machined down slightly to not hit the new, higher "bottom" of the diff. So you either need to buy new gears that have been shaved (which ballistic sells) or take your gears to a machine shop. It's also a very specific welding technique as far as pre heat, weld wire, heat, post heat, etc. I trust my weld skills with "simple" stuff, I didn't quite feel ready yet for something like that. And really, I felt it wasn't that big of a deal, the bottom of the 14B is strong and I'm running a decent size tire, if it drags over a rock, I don't really care. As a compromise, I did however take a grinder to the 1/2" lip that hangs down and then grind it all smooth, that was my budget DIY shave kit.

- Confucius

July 22nd, 2014, 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Ya, I decided to just get a Chassis Unlinited diff cover for now. And I'll just grind some of it off for now to get rid of my leak. And go Ballistic later. And I'll just shave the the gears I have in it. As for welding. I'm not worried about that. I can hVe it correctly welded here at my shop. I have a worker that is good at welding. From steel to Alluninum. He can do it. And I know he would be comfortable doing it for me.

July 22nd, 2014, 10:31 pm
Profile YIM
UC4x4 Member

right on cue... got an email from ballistic fab, 20% off through monday with code "SUMMER SAVER"

- Confucius

July 25th, 2014, 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Dan90FSB wrote:
right on cue... got an email from ballistic fab, 20% off through monday with code "SUMMER SAVER"

Good to know. thanks

July 27th, 2014, 9:53 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]