View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 15th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Dusy info, and video from other groups 

Post Dusy info, and video from other groups
Chicken Rock to Thompson Lake footage, includes more Thompson Hill footage than I usually see.
Part 1.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWF12uZr ... e=youtu.be

Same group for the rest of the trail.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWbvoNEtXM

March 4th, 2015, 10:53 pm
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: Dusy info, and video from other groups
Big Ed wrote:
Chicken Rock to Thompson Lake footage, includes more Thompson Hill footage than I usually see.
Part 1.

Sorry but I lol'd at 6:30... 3 winches to drag a Tacoma up hill? I see he blew his rear driveshaft but still..

- Confucius

March 5th, 2015, 8:28 am
Profile WWW

Dan90FSB wrote:
Big Ed wrote:
Part 1.

Sorry but I lol'd at 6:30... 3 winches to drag a Tacoma up hill? I see he blew his rear driveshaft but still..

I noticed that too. Maybe there 2500 lb atv winches lol! Jeep folk are on some other planet...most of them anyway.

March 5th, 2015, 8:34 am

Dan90FSB wrote:
Big Ed wrote:
Part 1.

I said out loud "is that necessary?" Thought about posting it in the comments, but then forgot. I'm finding that's a popular spot to take video/pictures of.

That Tacoma was in over it's head.

March 5th, 2015, 10:40 am

Yeah Mr taco was in over his head. He looked like he's ready for a trip to yosemite not dusy.

March 5th, 2015, 10:54 am
UC4x4 Member

Sooo.... the tacoma broke something and then turned around? Shouldn't he have kept going? Making everyone else on the trip focus on him the whole time? Making them late to camp every night?

March 5th, 2015, 10:57 am
Profile WWW

California Monkey wrote:
Sooo.... the tacoma broke something and then turned around? Shouldn't he have kept going? Making everyone else on the trip focus on him the whole time? Making them late to camp every night?

Yup. This is why spares are important. He should have had u joints or another shaft. The mall crawler wheels, not using his own winch and having his spotter stand behind/to the side was enough to tell me he was in over his head.

March 5th, 2015, 11:06 am

California Monkey wrote:

Something tells me this a jab at someone, someone that will likely respond in this thread. Ha ha ha.

March 5th, 2015, 11:36 am
UC4x4 Member

Not really a specific person. Its just something we tend to do from time to time.

It was meant to be funny

March 5th, 2015, 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

I lol'd

- Confucius

March 5th, 2015, 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

[/quote]

Sorry but I lol'd at 6:30... 3 winches to drag a Tacoma up hill? I see he blew his rear driveshaft but still..[/quote]

I noticed that too. Maybe there 2500 lb atv winches lol! Jeep folk are on some other planet...most of them anyway.[/quote]

As an XJ owner I almost take offense! :goodfinger:

March 5th, 2015, 2:20 pm

#S194 wrote:

Sorry but I lol'd at 6:30... 3 winches to drag a Tacoma up hill? I see he blew his rear driveshaft but still..[/quote]

I noticed that too. Maybe there 2500 lb atv winches lol! Jeep folk are on some other planet...most of them anyway.[/quote]

As an XJ owner I almost take offense! :goodfinger:[/quote]

I thought about excluding xj's. Im quite fond of xj's...maybe my next build in the future. You guys seem to have a bit more sense. :mrgreen: I think there's a lot of jeep weirdos because its so easy to just bolt stuff on and go.

March 5th, 2015, 3:16 pm

California Monkey wrote:
Not really a specific person. Its just something we tend to do from time to time.

It was meant to be funny

It was funny, I laughed. We've done that too, we had a guy break a rear R&P on Thompson. He camped on the hill, the next morning he removed the ring gear. Took 4 hours to drag him up the hill, and we got to a camp between Summit Lake and East Lake about 1AM. We had to make some ground after all the time that cost us. This was several years ago.

March 5th, 2015, 7:03 pm
UC4x4 Member

I genuinely like Macgyver'ing broken vehicles, well other people's rigs... :lol: I got off the dusy broken (on the day after we had already turned around) with allot of help welding, a sawed log and Danny's ratchet straps (don't worry buddy, they're safe and sound). Drives me nuts leaving rigs. Unless the part is following them up (like another rig coming late and can grab a spare). I much rather come in late to camp with all my friends and their rigs when possible. Never leave someone behind. No one should ever have to hear that no one is coming back for them over the cb. You know the saying "never leave a man behind".

The best advise I can give, is accept help and listen when your in the broken spot. Most of us have been in that spot, I know I have and I've towned a couple rigs off the trail too. Your friends are there to help you, but everyone would rather be wheeling or at camp drinking. So pull your tools and parts out and make sure your part of the crew wrenching and actually helping, not just watching people rebuild your rig. Also, pull out your chairs and beers in the shade, nothing like some rocky mountains silver bullets to cool people down. ;-)

March 5th, 2015, 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

oatmeal wrote:
Dan90FSB wrote:
Big Ed wrote:
Part 1.

I noticed that too. Maybe there 2500 lb atv winches lol! Jeep folk are on some other planet...most of them anyway.

From the random picture thread.

March 6th, 2015, 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next