View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 17th, 2021, 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 2017 Trips! 
UC4x4 Member

Post 2017 Trips!
Hey gang,

I've talked to several of you about trip ideas in the new year. It seems like the older we get the more planning it takes, so lets get started now :thumb:

MLK weekend - Jan 14 - 16 (or longer). Monday Jan 16 is the holiday some are off work. Generally the "main" nights are Saturday and Sunday. Personally we'll probably go down early Saturday the 14th and come home Monday the 16th. Probably also rent a trailer again, hard to go back... I think CJ and Katie are planning to stay longer?

Snow trip Feb-March. Lets pick a weekend and pick destination and such depending on weather? Maybe Uncle Toms? And back out the way we came. Never through to Ice House. Ever. The weekend of 2/18 is presidents day weekend, so probably avoid that. There's several birthdays in this group in the middle of March (7, 13, 18), so we either avoid or tie that in to the bday party? Or how about the weekend of Feb 25th, March 4th, or March 25th?

SlickRock early summer - June? I just googled elevation of Lake Alpine thinking about weather in early summer and its over 7K feet, I didn't realize it was that high! It seems like we could probably plan in June and be safe on weather. Could do this in a 2 day weekend, maybe make it more relaxing 3 day weekend and take a Friday or Monday off? We could also go Memorial day weekend, the last weekend in May and use the holiday for a 3 day weekend (where applicable). This is the warm up for...

Rubicon! All the way through! This group hasn't ran the whole trail in a while and there's some newer(ish) rigs here that haven't done it at all - looking at you Ricky-Rick, Big Dick and Peteroia, it's time boys! I talked to Peter and Rich about this a bit and the thinking was to pick the "front" and "back" of a weekend that work for people now and block them off. If we agree to 4 days total, then we either end up going Thurs - Sunday, or Saturday - Tuesday, something like that, trying to minimize vacation usage for all involved. Then when we get closer and people know their schedules and such we can finalize dates, again trying to minimize peoples vacation days. Thinking August or early September. Jeep Jamboree is Aug 10-13. Jeepers Jamboree is Aug 4-6. I thought there was another Jeep event in early September that we've run into a few times but couldn't find anything on the interwebs about it this year. Anyway, it looks like those are the main dates we'd want to avoid. Thoughts?

I'll stop now :mrgreen:

- Confucius

November 20th, 2016, 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: 2017 Trips!
don't forget niagra Rim with Larry P. that could fill the gap between slick rock and Rubicon somehow. I am in on all trips this year.

November 21st, 2016, 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

I might be up for a rubicon trip, but would rather do it starting on a weekend so that I could just take the week off to have 9 days of fun. Also considering a run a Dusy if I can get a group together, but we'll see about that one.
Really missed not hitting the dirt this year, but 2 Family vacations can suck up my 2 weeks fast. A new job change leaves me up in the air for now as I haven't discussed the whole vacation thing, and how much, with my new boss yet.

November 21st, 2016, 8:24 am
UC4x4 Member

California Monkey wrote:
don't forget niagra Rim with Larry P. that could fill the gap between slick rock and Rubicon somehow. I am in on all trips this year.

I left that gap open so people can fix after slick rock :mrgreen: also July people seem to get super bus with other summer type things. I'm open to it though. Or we could do that instead of slick rock in the early summer?

- Confucius

November 21st, 2016, 8:26 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Slick rock is a must and we should knock it out ASAP. Peter needs it

November 21st, 2016, 8:32 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

I am in for MLK and already have that time off. I may not make the snow trip but Slick Rock in June sounds good to be.

AND RUBICON YES. I'm long over due to run it.

November 21st, 2016, 11:40 am
UC4x4 Member

Andrea and I should be able to make the MLK pismo trip. :thumb:

February is a busy month for us, march might be better. If I'm able to go, the cabin is always open to everyone. I'm sure some of the girls haven't seen the cabin since we've done some of the changes like the hot running water and bathroom floor.

November 21st, 2016, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW

Calico in April? I go every year, and I know some of you have expressed interest in the past.

November 28th, 2016, 11:33 am
UC4x4 Member

Big Ed wrote:
Calico in April? I go every year, and I know some of you have expressed interest in the past.

Maybe. Snow run?

- Confucius

November 28th, 2016, 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

Dan90FSB wrote:
Big Ed wrote:

Maybe. Snow run?

No snow. It's northeast of Barstow California on 15. It's the International Harvester Western Regionals, it costs money. Maybe sixty bucks, I don't remember. All proceeds go to charity. This year it went to the Gary Sinese Foundation, the two previous years to Cal4Wheel. All makes and models are welcome, there were probably twenty plus Toyotas and Jeeps this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vUpcSM2bgA

The pic with the lone rig is my least favorite spot, I can say it looks a whole lot worse than it feels though. Here's a shot of our group this year. There are several runs going on at the same time, there might be 70-100 registered.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 110.05 KiB | Viewed 14350 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 286.03 KiB | Viewed 14350 times ]

November 28th, 2016, 10:45 pm
Friend of UC4x4

My Bronco is back on the road after almost two years of blown tires and failed smog, so I'm in for a snow trip this winter, and Rubicon this summer.

December 16th, 2016, 1:49 pm
UC4x4 Member

project86 wrote:
My Bronco is back on the road after almost two years of blown tires and failed smog, so I'm in for a snow trip this winter, and Rubicon this summer.

Jim! I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see you're still around and the Bronco is ready for action.

- Confucius

December 17th, 2016, 10:07 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

lol I was skimming and thought that was Scott!

December 17th, 2016, 11:29 am
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

BUMP!

Well we made MLK! Snow is looking unlikely for me, lots of weekends booked in the future, also getting warmer... Could discuss in late march / early april of others are interested?

Really I want to focus on the biggies we've discussed, Slick Rock in June and Rubicon in Augustish, lets talk!

Dan90FSB wrote:
SlickRock early summer - June? I just googled elevation of Lake Alpine thinking about weather in early summer and its over 7K feet, I didn't realize it was that high! It seems like we could probably plan in June and be safe on weather. Could do this in a 2 day weekend, maybe make it more relaxing 3 day weekend and take a Friday or Monday off? We could also go Memorial day weekend, the last weekend in May and use the holiday for a 3 day weekend (where applicable). This is the warm up for...

Rubicon! All the way through! This group hasn't ran the whole trail in a while and there's some newer(ish) rigs here that haven't done it at all - looking at you Ricky-Rick, Big Dick and Peteroia, it's time boys! I talked to Peter and Rich about this a bit and the thinking was to pick the "front" and "back" of a weekend that work for people now and block them off. If we agree to 4 days total, then we either end up going Thurs - Sunday, or Saturday - Tuesday, something like that, trying to minimize vacation usage for all involved. Then when we get closer and people know their schedules and such we can finalize dates, again trying to minimize peoples vacation days. Thinking August or early September. Jeep Jamboree is Aug 10-13. Jeepers Jamboree is Aug 4-6. I thought there was another Jeep event in early September that we've run into a few times but couldn't find anything on the interwebs about it this year. Anyway, it looks like those are the main dates we'd want to avoid. Thoughts?

- Confucius

March 15th, 2017, 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

I'm now free on the weekends (sorry Pete). How early can we do slick rock?

March 15th, 2017, 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next