View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2021, 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 2018 trips!!! 
UC4x4 Member

Post 2018 trips!!!
I know it may seem premature for some, but let's plan out 2018 in advanced this year. (Zomg I know!)s

So far we have pismo MLK weekend, what else would like to do next year? Snow, Hollister, rubicon, what else?

October 23rd, 2017, 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: 2018 trips!!!
I swear 2018 will be the year my truck does the rubicon.

October 24th, 2017, 7:46 am
Friend of UC4x4

Late Model Man wrote:

with or with out you?

:goodfinger:

Wolfpack member #1

October 24th, 2017, 9:43 am
UC4x4 Member

I'll believe it when I see it Rick :goodfinger:

There was serious talk of Moab catching part of EJS... If that happens I suspect it'll be the big trip eating lots of vacation and general availability of "free" time.

I'm always down for 3-4 days on the Con. I'll suggest a trip with the girls Tahoe to the springs, camp in springs, out Cadillac back to Tahoe.

We could try something new like Fordyce.

Or a quicker trip like Slick Rock, could even make that a weekend trip.

- Confucius

October 24th, 2017, 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

If Moab happens the Dan is right... all other trips will become very unlikely as it's probably a minimum 10-11 day trip.
Pismo, slick rock, deer valley are on my list this year. To the springs with the girls would be awesome but seems crazy unlikely we could get all the stars to align to make that happen.
I might be up for postponing Moab for another year if we try a new trip in its place like fordyce or maybe something down south with Scott like bear valley. Just spitballin

October 24th, 2017, 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Late Model Man wrote:

I have two options for a response to this and since Zack took the first one, I'll go with option B....

If you are serious about this (I mean super cereal), you are gonna have to make the trip happen and "will it" to fruition. Show us you are serious and we'll get behind you and make it happen.

Just make sure to fold those antlers in on the dodge before you hit gate keeper. (No way he's talking about driving his bronco on the con... right?)

October 24th, 2017, 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

California Monkey wrote:
If Moab happens the Dan is right... all other trips will become very unlikely as it's probably a minimum 10-11 day trip.
Pismo, slick rock, deer valley are on my list this year. To the springs with the girls would be awesome but seems crazy unlikely we could get all the stars to align to make that happen.
I might be up for postponing Moab for another year if we try a new trip in its place like fordyce or maybe something down south with Scott like bear valley. Just spitballin

Big Bear is a long way to come for what there is. I might suggest more stuff in the dinky creek area. Of course there is Dusy there (which I would be up for), but there are others too. David and I did Swamp lake which was a very shall I say Dusyesc trail that can be done in 1 day or split in to 2 with some time at the lake. I know there are others, but can't comment on difficulty and names as its been a while since I've looked. I will say we have one member who is very familiar with them though if we want to look in to it

October 24th, 2017, 6:28 pm
UC4x4 Member

California Monkey wrote:

I have two options for a response to this and since Zack took the first one, I'll go with option B....

If you are serious about this (I mean super cereal), you are gonna have to make the trip happen and "will it" to fruition. Show us you are serious and we'll get behind you and make it happen.

Just make sure to fold those antlers in on the dodge before you hit gate keeper. (No way he's talking about driving his bronco on the con... right?)

I seriously lol'd. And more than a little.

California Monkey wrote:

But even more serious, this part. Lets make it happen. Simple as that. We've had great luck with weather in late Aug / early Sep. We also just proved you can run the whole trail at a comfortable pace in 3 days, but 4 is preferable, so it doesn't have to be some huge multi-multi day trip.

- Confucius

October 25th, 2017, 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

I think the 2018 Moab idea has to be pushed back. Especially if we want to catch the end of EJS. Moab for EJS 2019 seems more attainable.

For 2018. Id love to do a Rubicon trip t0o the springs and back. Also I think a day at Slick Rock, camp, day at Deer Valley would make great weekend trip.

Cj and I have played around on parts of Fordyce without doing the creek crossing. Its really nice up there.

My list is Pismo in January, Slick rock at least one (run from Alpine to Dorrington this time), Rubicon at the end. Everything else would be icing on the cake. Time off after August is going to be tough, but Ill have three day weekends every weekend on normal weekend days.

October 27th, 2017, 9:28 pm
Friend of UC4x4

Ptack1 wrote:
I think the 2018 Moab idea has to be pushed back. Especially if we want to catch the end of EJS. Moab for EJS 2019 seems more attainable.

For 2018. Id love to do a Rubicon trip t0o the springs and back. Also I think a day at Slick Rock, camp, day at Deer Valley would make great weekend trip.

Cj and I have played around on parts of Fordyce without doing the creek crossing. Its really nice up there.

My list is Pismo in January, Slick rock at least one (run from Alpine to Dorrington this time), Rubicon at the end. Everything else would be icing on the cake. Time off after August is going to be tough, but Ill have three day weekends every weekend on normal weekend days.

I'd be open for Pismo in January and Slick Rock. I'd be willing to tag along on Fordyce if someone has an open seat. I want to see how the big boys play nowadays. My other qualities include, delicious omelets, awkward conversations, and lousy photos.

November 2nd, 2017, 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]