View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2019, 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Wassup... 

Post Wassup...
So I just joined today. Hi all...so far I'm very impressed with this sight and looking forward to starting a few mods to my rig and meeting up for some light duty wheeling...

I have a '94 5.8L green/tan Eddie Bauer...126K miles.

Unfortunately my E4OD is making tapping sounds in park and neutral and is throwing out code 628....it starts shifting hard from 1 to 2 and has the dreaded reverse bang...right now all I have to do is reset the ECU and I'm good for about a week each time...

I'm definitely considering a ZF5 swap as the 1st mod....anyone have any links showing an overview of what's involved?

Cheers! posting.php?mode=smilies&f=22&start=0#

June 7th, 2012, 2:56 pm
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: Wassup...
Welcome. Keep an eye on Late Model Man's build since he has a 95 he is going to be swapping in. I am doing a zp swap in my F350 but its a little different since I dont have any computer issues to worry about (C6 to ZF5). We will have a few rigs going through the swap soon so stay tuned.

June 7th, 2012, 3:19 pm
UC4x4 Member

Welcome! We have a bunch of guys doing zf5 swaps right now, so keep your eyes pealed.

June 7th, 2012, 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome! I just joined a few days ago myself. You and I must have the same exact truck! So are you from P-town Pacifica or Pleasanton?

June 7th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Hey Tim- Cool....I've seen quite a few green/tan EB's still rolling around the area..I live in Pleasanton....

You ever been to Hollister? I'm considering a trip out there soon...just don't know if my stock rig can handle it...

June 7th, 2012, 5:58 pm
UC4x4 Member

Welcome. Hollister is the perfect place to start learning to wheel. That's where a good majority of us first got hooked and learned where we wanted to take our trucks.

June 7th, 2012, 7:19 pm
UC4x4 Member

As others have said you could have a lot of fun at hollister. Theres a bunch of man made obstacles and trails that are pretty easy and will start to get your feet wet. We just went a few weeks back. Heres some pics from a trip back in 07, my green bronco was on a 4" lift and 35s and chex's black bronco was a 4" lift and 33s

http://uc4x4.com/pictures/viewer/index. ... gmFilters=

When I get around to my ZF, it'll be documented here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4464

- Confucius

June 7th, 2012, 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

Welcome! I'll be swapping in that zf as soon as I get my motor back together and back from the shop. The guy I bought my front 60 from did an e4od to zf5 swap in an afternoon on his (now totaled) 95 f150. We talked for an hour about specifics and wiring etc, it's a pretty easy swap. He said he cut and capped almost every wire going to the transmission, all he used was the reverse plug in the side.

June 7th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Ptown FSB wrote:
Hey Tim- Cool....I've seen quite a few green/tan EB's still rolling around the area..I live in Pleasanton....

You ever been to Hollister? I'm considering a trip out there soon...just don't know if my stock rig can handle it...

I live in Livermore, work in Pleasanton.
Looky viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4591
This will be a good opportunity for you to dive right into the world of 4 wheeling if you haven't had much experience. BTW a stock bronco with manual locking hubs is less likely to break something IMO and makes you learn how to figure out a path through your obstacle without hanging up or breaking something. Like blazeremt89
said, It's a perfect place to start learning.

June 8th, 2012, 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]