View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 New guy 

Post New guy
Hey everyone,
I ran into Dan today at the SJ North Pick-n-Pull and started chatting. He told me about the site so I thought I'd come check it out. Looks like a lot of Bronco fans around here, but I figure big trucks probably like big trucks so hopefully my '87 Suburban will fit in.

As I told Dan, I picked the truck up earlier this year as a tow truck for our 24 Hours of LeMons car and since that's a 2 or 3 time a year thing decided I needed to do something fun with it in the mean time. Being that my lady and I like camping I figured I'd make it into something of a fireroad / jeep trail rig for some backcountry car camping. Trying to find the balance between 'wheeling and towing, so for now I'm just running it fairly stock:

350TBI, TH350 transmission, Corp. 10 front, Corp. 14 FF rear, 4" lift (springs front, ORD shackle flip rear), 33" BFG AT's, ORD sway bar disconnect kit and ORD 1" 0-rate Add-a-leaf (still to be installed).

So far Hollister is most of the wheeling we've done in her. Did one trip way down to Monache Meadows near Kernville. That was a good time.

I have a few buddies with rigs - couple guys with built up Jeeps, 1 guy with an early 70's Blazer that's lifted and on 37's and another guy with a 70's C10 that's pretty built (brown pickup in the pics below). We like doing trips and have a few planned semi-locally for this year.

Ultimately I'd love to get out to Moab for a week or more. Love that place.

I do video production work for Specialized bikes and my fiancee does entertainment photography (http://www.studioboothing.com). So we take a lot of photos of our trips - well, she does. I do the driving.

Here's a few (most were pre-lift for me):

Here she is doing what I originally bought her for:

And here's me (the tank top is semi-ironic, you'll understand if you meet me):

August 9th, 2014, 11:56 am
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: New guy
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see some more bow ties on the board.

August 9th, 2014, 1:26 pm
UC4x4 Member

Nice looking truck. Welcome

August 9th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

welcome. if you ever have chevy questions there are a few of us that are pretty knowledgeable on them. looks like a good base for an expedition type rig. also check out Norcal Auto Stylez (NCAS on here) in fremont for your Honda. He's our resident import guru

Wolfpack member #3

Living the dream

August 9th, 2014, 4:16 pm
Friend of UC4x4

LuckyLindy wrote:
welcome. if you ever have chevy questions there are a few of us that are pretty knowledgeable on them. looks like a good base for an expedition type rig. also check out Norcal Auto Stylez (NCAS on here) in fremont for your Honda. He's our resident import guru

Import Guru..... HID king. Haha

Welcome to the forum Aaron

87 4Runner on WON TONS, 38.5" tires, 5.38 gears, Exo, 22re with dual cases

August 9th, 2014, 5:16 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome Aaron!

August 9th, 2014, 10:47 pm
UC4x4 Member

Welcome to the board Aaron. The burb looks great and that's a cool lemons car too.

August 10th, 2014, 9:07 am
UC4x4 Member

Good to meet you Aaron and welcome to the board, we definitely have full size love here so your pig will fit right in. Cool pictures, looks like you've already had some fun adventures in the Burb.

Apparently we could've talked bikes too, I've got a few year old Crosstrail and I'm looking for a nice used Allez since I do a lot of road riding (mostly to work).

BTW nice shirt, Merica :yes:

- Confucius

August 11th, 2014, 7:09 am
Profile WWW

Thanks guys

LuckyLindy wrote:

Thanks, I may just do that. The 'Burb has been pretty easy to work on so far. Expedition rig is pretty much exactly what the plan is.

NCAS wrote:
Import Guru..... HID king. Haha

Might have to hit you up with B18B1 OBDII questions... the CRX originally had a '93 B18B1 dropped it but we blew that out at the last race. So I picked up a newer one that's OBDII. Still actually have to drop the thing in and plug in the new ECU and what not, but I genuinely have no idea what other sensor issues I may run into. :shrug:

Dan90FSB wrote:
Apparently we could've talked bikes too, I've got a few year old Crosstrail and I'm looking for a nice used Allez since I do a lot of road riding (mostly to work).

Yep, I ride a little of everything so if you've got any questions lemme know.

See you guys out there!

August 11th, 2014, 12:04 pm
Friend of UC4x4

Let me know. I can help you with any questions you may have. And if you have all the emissions on it, we can have it all set up so that ypu can have it BAR'd with State Reff and be completely legal, if it isn't already in there

87 4Runner on WON TONS, 38.5" tires, 5.38 gears, Exo, 22re with dual cases

August 11th, 2014, 2:25 pm
Profile YIM

NCAS wrote:
Let me know. I can help you with any questions you may have. And if you have all the emissions on it, we can have it all set up so that ypu can have it BAR'd with State Reff and be completely legal, if it isn't already in there

Not too concerned with legal as it's track-only. Will have to see if she turns over and what codes get thrown. I'll let you know if/when something comes up. THX.

August 11th, 2014, 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]