View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 21st, 2021, 5:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Decent camera 
Friend of UC4x4

Post Decent camera
Amber has been wanting a nice camera for a while now and Im looking to get her one. After reading reviews and talking to some friends it seems a cannon rebel t4i would be a good option. I want something fairly easy to use and I guess the touch screen is easy to use. Looks like I could get one for about 570 then I'd need lenses and not sure what I'd need. Any suggestions? Anyone selling anything used?

Wolfpack member #3

Living the dream

May 19th, 2013, 2:24 pm
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: Decent camera
I just bought my chick a t3 as a package deal on amazon. like $650 but came with everything! She loves it.

May 19th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
UC4x4 Member

I've always preferred cannons. Nikon and Cannon are the 2 big players in the digital SLR stuff so stay with one of those and you can't go wrong. Also consider if you want it to shoot HD video, a lot of them will and its cheaper than buying a separate video camera. Or conversely, if you don't want video, the camera will probably be cheaper without it.

- Confucius

May 20th, 2013, 7:32 am
Profile WWW

even entry level DSLR's shoot hd video now, how long of a video they take is something you'll need to look into. Some are as short as 10 minutes and I think none of them shoot over 30 minutes at a time, there's a weird thing about that although I'm not sure what it is exactly.

Cannon or Nikon is really a matter of personal preference, I have a nikon and I know where the buttons are.

As far as cameras go, I will say this, most lenses I would buy that are worth their weight cost more than an entry level camera. That being said if you're alright with the standard kit lens then buy a pricier camera. I personally would go entry to middle of the road camera and spend extra $$ on another battery, a class 10 SD card, and a nice new lens to go along with the lens the camera comes with. Or save some $ originally by buying a body only camera and then get a lens that will suit your needs upfront like a lens with a big zoom range.

May 21st, 2013, 11:58 am
UC4x4 Member

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-75- ... lr+package

May 21st, 2013, 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]