View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 17th, 2021, 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Corbeau Moab Seats (or similar) 

Post Corbeau Moab Seats (or similar)
The seats in my 'Burban were toast so I pulled some out of a newer Explorer at Pick-n=Pull.... However I didn't measure too well and they ended up sitting way too high for my taste.

So... I'm looking for something to replace them.

So far Corbeau Moab's look the best - mounting options will work with stock sliders/mounts, seat will be about stock height - but I'm not entirely sold on their skinny-ness (or cost for that matter)

Anyone have some seats in good condition that have fairly universal slider mounting options and would be comfortable for longer trips? Only real styling requirement is that they're some shade of brown.

August 11th, 2014, 12:13 pm
UC4x4 Member

Post Re: Corbeau Moab Seats (or similar)
Not much input here other than everyone I know that has bought nice (expensive) seats says they are well worth it on long drives. Conversely I have cheap bucket "racing" seats that I bought at Kragens years ago (something like $125 a piece) and they're pretty uncomfortable on long drives, they don't have enough lumbar for me so I end up cramming towels behind my low back. Seems a bit like a you get what you pay for thing.

- Confucius

August 11th, 2014, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

Dan90FSB wrote:
Not much input here other than everyone I know that has bought nice (expensive) seats says they are well worth it on long drives. Conversely I have cheap bucket "racing" seats that I bought at Kragens years ago (something like $125 a piece) and they're pretty uncomfortable on long drives, they don't have enough lumbar for me so I end up cramming towels behind my low back. Seems a bit like a you get what you pay for thing.

yeah those things suck, you need new ones :goodfinger:

Wolfpack member #1

August 11th, 2014, 1:50 pm
Friend of UC4x4

Consider seats out of a Camero or firebird. Very comfy and can be had for cheap. Direct bolt it to your burb(at least they were into a blazer)

Wolfpack member #3

Living the dream

August 11th, 2014, 1:57 pm
UC4x4 Member

I just sold my carbeau baja seats. They sat too high from my bronco. I have stock seats out of a toyota something im going to mount for now but ill eventually go see ceaser (ncas) who owns a custom car shop and sells seats.

August 11th, 2014, 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of UC4x4

I'm currently installing a pair of SRT4 seats in my 4runner. Which I picked up for $100. They are factory seats so they tend to be comfortable, long lasting, DOT so they are strong, and have kind of a race feel so they hug you good

87 4Runner on WON TONS, 38.5" tires, 5.38 gears, Exo, 22re with dual cases

August 12th, 2014, 7:39 am
Profile YIM
UC4x4 Member

what happened to the explorer seats? any pics. I am getting tired of the gangster lean on my drivers seat

August 13th, 2014, 9:01 am
Profile YIM

drkhrs925 wrote:
what happened to the explorer seats? any pics. I am getting tired of the gangster lean on my drivers seat

Nothing yet, they're actually in really good shape. Just don't really fit the Burban. You want em? $100 for the pair. Driver's is power, both have adjustable lumbar. Couple little cig burns here and there but otherwise they're great.

Attachments:
File comment: Seats
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 9550 times ]
August 14th, 2014, 1:23 pm
UC4x4 Member

no thanks, hate cig burns... read smoker and to me that smell never really goes away.

August 15th, 2014, 8:15 am
Profile YIM

drkhrs925 wrote:
no thanks, hate cig burns... read smoker and to me that smell never really goes away.

I say cig burns.. no idea what they actually are. Could be, may be something else... guarantee they don't smell. I hate the smell too and would definitely notice.

But, you're call. They're gonna come of fairly soon either way because I'm going to pick up some of these Cipher seats instead of the Moabs. They're not the greatest, but the thing that sold me is Cipher makes custome brakes that'll fit the 'Burban without mods. First time I've seen that. Looks likes they make them custom and will make 'em to match any seats you want, but I figured going with their seats would be easiest. Plus I'm hopeful the extra bolsters will be nice... we'll see.

August 15th, 2014, 9:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]